The Insanity of Humanity and
the Collapse of Human Civilization
On Human Insanity, Stupidity and its Cure - Wisdom from Truth and Reality
This page is perhaps the most important one on the website of https://www.spaceandmotion.com. It explains how to cure human insanity by understanding the truth of our existence in space / the universe. This is critically important as our individual insanity creates insane societies that are destroying life on earth - polluting our air, food, water and space (electromagnetic pollution). I assume that this ongoing madness will cause a collapse of human society - with the death of billions. We are creating hell on earth, and as Thomas Hobbes wrote: Hell is truth seen too late.
Our insanity is basically due to our evolution as programmed machines. Throughout history humans have been programmed by myths and customs that are not true. Because of our programmed nature it is important to read things several times, to really think about them. There is a simple solution to this insanity - it is called truth - it is derived from a correct understanding of physical reality.
The contents are listed below.
Introduction: The Insanity of Humanity - Defining Insanity
Both ancient philosophy and modern physics (quantum physics, Einstein's theory of relativity, cosmology) know that physical reality is a dynamic unity, matter-energy and space-time are one interconnected thing.
We now know this is true, the wave structure of matter (WSM) in space explains this. It is wave motions of space that cause matter and time. I have known of this interconnected wave nature of reality for 13 years. My mind sees more clearly the profound truth of the dynamic unity of the universe, the driving force of evolution and ecology of both life on earth and matter in the universe.
With this enlightenment, we then see that human cultural evolution contradicts these foundations, having evolved most from religious myths and scientific errors relating to the discrete particle. The most important being god is separate from the world and created it, and that matter is separate from the world as a discrete inert particle (created and connected by god).
Let us define insanity as;
Believing things to be true that are not true - or believing things to be not true that are true.
This could also be stated as;
Believing things do exist that do not exist or believing things do not exist that do exist.
You need just look at the world and talk to people to see most things are based upon simplistic and often silly ideas, with at times evil consequences. This insanity of the individual is collectively causing the evolution of insanity in humanity.
Below is my list of insane things. I hope you will add to it. The purpose of the list? To make you aware - knowing the truth allows us to think and act wisely.
The cure to all forms of insanity is truth and reality.
In this way we creatively evolve sane societies that are good for people and life on earth.
Quotes on the Insanity of Humanity
"Strange times are these in which we live when old and young are taught in falsehoods school. And the one man that dares to tell the truth is called at once a lunatic and fool." (Plato)
"Suppose, then, that all men were sick or deranged, save one or two of them who were healthy and of right mind. It would then be the latter two who would be thought to be sick and deranged and the former not!"
(Aristotle, Metaphysics 340BC)
"Men are so necessarily mad that not to be mad would amount to another form of madness."
"Withhold any amazement at the strangely gallied whales before us, for there is no folly of the beasts of earth which is not infinitely outdone by the madness of men."
(Herman Melville, Moby Dick)
"In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule."
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not sure about the universe."
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane."
"Insanity is the only sane reaction to an insane society."
(Thomas Szasz, The Myth of Mental Illness)
Evidence for the Insanity of Humanity
1. We evolved from Nature, all our requirements for life and survival depend upon Nature, yet we are destroying Nature.
2. The cause of this destruction is human population and agriculture - yet we do little to regulate this.
3. 70% of the world's food is controlled by 5 global corporations, and contains just 14 plants and 5 animals. World food production is declining due to destruction of soils, despite increased chemical and genetic pollution / corruption of Nature. World human population is increasing (average of 6.5 children in Africa). I expect billions will starve this century.
4. Our lives are dominated by market economic forces which select for short term profit and over consumption (both manifestations of the human instinct of greed), controlled by global immoral corporations. To not regulate the market to force it to do what is good (moral) for people / life on earth is insane.
We see this insanity and immorality of corporations manifest in many ways.
5. Most western people use microwaves against the side of their heads (cell phones), that resonate with matter in your body, changing it, and at times contributing to genetic damage and cancer (ear, head, underarm, groin). This has occurred without any significant study of health effects for this particular frequency of waves.
6. Drugs (in particular vaccines) are released on the masses with only a few months between development, testing and use on the general population. It is argued that this is necessary due to the annual mutation / evolution of viruses and thus the only way to keep up with treating them. In doing this though the risks of the medical treatment often exceed the risk of the disease. i.e. The medical system is dominated by corporations that seek short term profit and over consumption - not what is good for you. We have more on this on the health pages.
7. Sunshine. Related to this is the absurd view that sunshine is bad for you. This completely contradicts evolution, and the known fact that we need sunshine to produce vitamin D, that this is critical for the correct functioning of our body and immune system. Basically the sun is the fundamental energy source for life on earth, and both plants and animals will use this energy for building and maintaining life. Further, we are encouraged to cover our skin with sunscreen that contains known carcinogens. As a result of this it is estimated that 80% of Australia's population is deficient in vitamin D, and their bodies have absorbed toxic chemicals from sunscreen with unknown affects on human health.
8. Solar energy. The sun puts out more energy in 1 second than humanity has consumed in its entirety. We need only 1 percent of the sun's energy that reaches the earth to power human civilisation. We have known of the photoelectric effect for 100 years, yet only in the past 10 years has there been significant research and development of solar cells. Already they can be manufactured at $1 per Watt (parity with fossil fuel energy) and within ten years they will be a fraction of that price. Basically we have a free green nuclear power station in the form of our sun, yet we continue to build nuclear and coal / gas power stations.
9. The world's wealthiest nation (USA) is bankrupt, with a foreign debt that it cannot pay, and it continues to over consume. At the same time China, who has a large surplus by selling things to the USA, has most people working in poorly paid jobs. i.e. China creates wealth, USA consumes it while bankrupting the nation.
10. The War on Terror. The causes of terrorism are related to cultural myths and lack of education, injustice and an unfair distribution of wealth. Yet we deal with terrorism by killing 'terrorists' (or people we claim to be terrorists without any process of law and justice). This is state sanctioned murder, and it obviously increases the motivation of terrorists.
I will add more things here over time - please feel free to contribute your examples of human stupidity / insanity to facebook (below).
Although as a rule the absurd culminates, and it seems impossible for the voice of the individual ever to penetrate through the chorus of foolers and fooled, still there is left to the genuine works of all times a quite peculiar, silent, slow, and powerful influence; and as if by a miracle, we see them rise at last out of the turmoil like a balloon that floats up out of the thick atmosphere of this globe into purer regions. Having once arrived there, it remains at rest, and no one can any longer draw it down again. (Arthur Schopenhauer, 1818)
Myths Cause Insanity / Human Stupidity
In my opinion, the greatest scandal of philosophy is that, while all around us the world of nature perishes - and not the world of nature alone - philosophers continue to talk, sometimes cleverly and sometimes not, about the question of whether this world exists. They get involved in scholasticism, in linguistic puzzles such as, for example, whether or not there are differences between 'being' and 'existing'. (Karl Popper, 1975)
1. Naive Realism
Most people think that the world around them exists as they see it. They seem incapable of abstracting from their sense of solid separate objects to realise that physical reality is dynamic and interconnected. Einstein states this well;
The more plebeian illusion of naive realism, according to which things 'are' as they are perceived by us through our senses ... dominates the daily life of men and of animals; it is also the point of departure in all of the sciences, especially of the natural sciences. (Albert Einstein)
This is the other extreme to naive realism, where people think the world around them does not exist, it is purely a construction of the mind. Berkeley is most famous for this subtle form of madness, Popper's reply is important;
Esse est percipi (To be is to be perceived). ... All the choir of heaven and furniture of earth - in a word, all those bodies which compose the frame of the world - have not any subsistence without a mind. (George Berkeley)
Denying realism amounts to megalomania (the most widespread occupational disease of the professional philosopher). (Popper, 1975)
3. Postmodernism / Critical Idealism
This is the current foundation of knowledge, a position of skeptical uncertainty about the external world of our senses. Theories are incomplete models, grand narratives that are now largely ignored in favour of personal truths (which people prefer). Kant is most famous for this metaphysical skepticism.
If we take away the subject (Humans), or even only the subjective constitution of our senses in general, then not only the nature and relations of objects in space and time, but even space and time themselves disappear; and that these, as appearances, cannot exist in themselves, but only in us. What may be the nature of objects considered as things in themselves and without reference to the receptivity of our sensibility is quite unknown to us. (Immanuel Kant, Critique of Pure Reason, 1781)
4. Maths and Mathematical Physics
This is a subtle form of insanity that infects mathematical physicists such that they believe that mathematical truths are more fundamental than physical reality. Clearly they have things backwards, as it must be physical reality that is the cause of mathematics (as the wave structure of matter explains).
Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality. (Nikola Tesla)
Mathematics was associated with a more refined type of error. Mathematical knowledge appeared to be certain, exact, and applicable to the real world; moreover it was obtained by mere thinking, without the need of observation. Consequently, it was thought to supply an ideal, from which everyday empirical knowledge fell short. It was supposed on the basis of mathematics, that thought is superior to sense, intuition to observation. If the world of sense does not fit mathematics, so much the worse for the world of sense. ... This form of philosophy begins with Pythagoras. (Bertrand Russell)
Herein lies the great weakness, and the great strength of mathematics. It is possible to evolve more and more complex relationships between things, which shed light on ideas far beyond the original relationships. Unfortunately, it is also possible that these things do not actually exist, except as evolved complex mathematical relationships.
The skeptic will say: "It may well be true that this system of equations is reasonable from a logical standpoint. But this does not prove that it corresponds to nature." You are right, dear skeptic. Experience alone can decide on truth. ... Pure logical thinking cannot yield us any knowledge of the empirical world: all knowledge of reality starts from experience and ends in it. (Albert Einstein, 1954)
5. Religious Faith
Most humans have evolved a strong religious instinct (an instinct to believe in ethnic myths, this makes the goup stronger). Given these myths never had any evidence to support them, it was a brilliant strategy to invent the concept of 'faith'. That to be truly religious we must have faith that what someone wrote in a book several thousand years ago is the word of god and thus absolutely true. As Nietzsche writes;
For such is man: a Theological Dogma might be refuted to him a thousand times - provided however, that he had need of it, he would again and again accept it as true.
Belief is always most desired, most pressingly needed where there is a lack of will.
Fanaticism is the sole "volitional strength" to which the weak and irresolute can be excited, as a sort of hypnotising of the entire sensory-intellectual system....
What if God were not exactly truth, and if this could be proved? And if he were instead the vanity, the desire for power, the ambitions, the fear, and the enraptured and terrified folly of mankind?
The Cure - Truth and Reality
For work uses up an extraordinary proportion of nervous force, withdrawing it from reflection, meditation, dreams, cares, love, and hatred; it dangles unimportant aims before the eyes of the worker and affords easy and regular gratification. And now, horror of horrors! It is the workman himself who has become dangerous; the whole world is swarming with "dangerous individuals" (Friedrich Nietzsche)
Truth is the only cure for the insanity of humanity.
The following pages are important for understanding how the wave structure of matter (WSM) works, why I am convinced this is true.
Truth Statements on Physical Reality - These truth statements show people how to deduce physical reality for themselves and confirm it is true. It also provides a very concise summary of the central things the WSM explains. See if you can show any statement is not true.
Wave Equation in an Elastic Wave Medium - Deducing the famous energy equations, Einstein's E=mc2, Planck's E=hf and Newton's F=ma from simple wave equations in an elastic medium (space). This confirms that the equivalence of matter and energy is because matter is made of waves, and waves propagate energy. All forces are due to changes in wave velocity.
The Laws of Nature - The Wave Structure of Matter (WSM) deduces the laws of Nature that have been empirically observed and quantified over the past several centuries. This changes the foundations of science / physics from inductive (uncertain) to deductive (certain).
Metaphysics - Solving the central problem of metaphysics - what is the one active substance that causes and connects the many changing material things we experience. The solution is simple, space is a wave medium and contains wave motions. i.e. From the motion of matter particles in space and time, to the wave motion of space that causes matter and time.
Cosmology - Explaining how our observable universe exists as a finite spherical region of infinite eternal space.
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
"When forced to summarize the general theory of relativity in one sentence: Time and space and gravitation have no separate existence from matter. ... Physical objects are not in space, but these objects are spatially extended. In this way the concept 'empty space' loses its meaning. ... The particle can only appear as a limited region in space in which the field strength or the energy density are particularly high. ...
The free, unhampered exchange of ideas and scientific conclusions is necessary for the sound development of science, as it is in all spheres of cultural life. ... We must not conceal from ourselves that no improvement in the present depressing situation is possible without a severe struggle; for the handful of those who are really determined to do something is minute in comparison with the mass of the lukewarm and the misguided. ...
Humanity is going to need a substantially new way of thinking if it is to survive!" (Albert Einstein)
Our world is in great trouble due to human behaviour founded on myths and customs that are causing the destruction of Nature and climate change. We can now deduce the most simple science theory of reality - the wave structure of matter in space. By understanding how we and everything around us are interconnected in Space we can then deduce solutions to the fundamental problems of human knowledge in physics, philosophy, metaphysics, theology, education, health, evolution and ecology, politics and society.
This is the profound new way of thinking that Einstein realised, that we exist as spatially extended structures of the universe - the discrete and separate body an illusion. This simply confirms the intuitions of the ancient philosophers and mystics.
Given the current censorship in physics / philosophy of science journals (based on the standard model of particle physics / big bang cosmology) the internet is the best hope for getting new knowledge known to the world. But that depends on you, the people who care about science and society, realise the importance of truth and reality.
It is Easy to Help!
Just click on the Social Network links below, or copy a nice image or quote you like and share it. We have a wonderful collection of knowledge from the greatest minds in human history, so people will appreciate your contributions. In doing this you will help a new generation of scientists see that there is a simple sensible explanation of physical reality - the source of truth and wisdom, the only cure for the madness of man! Thanks! Geoff Haselhurst (Updated September, 2018)
A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it. (Max Planck, 1920)
MUST WATCH: This Is Our World By Steve Cutts
READ ALSO: Are We Humans Terminally Insane?
||Tweet Follow @philosophytruth|
"All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good people to do nothing."
"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
"Hell is Truth Seen Too Late."